Wednesday, March 11, 2009

#4- Giving Blood


I had never given blood before, but when I saw that a blood drive was taking place in my building, I could not pass up a chance. The fact that they were giving away gift cards was also a little bit of incentive. I am terrified of needles and of the sight of blood, so before my appointment, I did my best to relax. Everyone was really helpful, and I even earned myself two stickers. The first says "First time donor" and the second "Be nice to me. I gave blood today."Unfortunately my body was unwilling to give up the juice-- about halfway through my donation my body refused to give out anymore blood. The two ladies helping me had to stand there and hold the needle down to get it to give anything at all. Finally they gave up. I felt sad by I will definitely be donating again...in 8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment