Monday, March 9, 2009

#3



Running. This isn't something that absolutely new to me, I mean we all had to run the mile in high school. I must say, I was terrible at it. I was usually one of the last people to finish, (never the last, but one of the last 3 at least). My failure as a runner as a teenager, gave me a new found respect for runners, especially people who did it for fun and could run 5 miles or more without stopping. At the beginning of this year, I decided to go for it. I signed up for a jogging class, and instituted a program. Now I am far from being good at it and have had more than my share of hurdles since I started, but by far my number one rule has been: Do your own thing. I don't care how many people pass me or how slow I am going or if I a run does not go the way I planned. It's my world, and I will run however I please. Slowly but surely I am gearing up to the point where I can run 5 miles without stopping. So far I am at 2. Soon it will be 3 and then 4...

No comments:

Post a Comment